We believe in the power of education as a transformative force. This philosophy, and our mission to make Whittle School & Studios a beacon for modern schooling, requires passionate and innovative educators who believe that every child has the ability and power to change the world.
• A comprehensive onboarding process designed to prepare new faculty and Studios’ Educators intellectually, emotionally, and logistically.
• Professional learning workshops and communities that focus on pedagogical need and opportunities for growth.
• Horizontal movement across our global network to deepen expertise and build global perspective and skills.
• Leadership by contributing to the Whittle community and helping to build, grow, and improve systems and teams within one’s campus, local Studios’ site, or another campus or Studios’ site.
• A work environment where creativity and innovative ideas are encouraged and embraced.
• A professional learning community with some of the best and most passionate ancillary Studios’ educators and PreK-12 faculty in the world.
• A career matrix providing multiple opportunities for professional growth while maintaining the ability to remain at the heart of teaching and learning.
• A schedule that allows for ample time to get to know each and every student deeply, coupled with the best tools for tracking student progress.
• Access to the most current educational technology and resources to implement innovative, project-based, digital, and virtual lessons.
• Very competitive total compensation packages that are either at or above market, depending on the position.
**The Opportunity **
We seek talented and qualified PreK-12 educators in teaching, leadership, and student support roles for our Shenzhen, China and Washington, D.C. campuses and Studios’ sites which will open Fall 2019. Our campuses will be comprised of four divisions: Early Learning, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School, serving students from Preschool through Grade 12.
Early Learning teachers
Lower and Middle School: the Humanities (including history, geography, and social science); Language and Literature (including Chinese/ Mandarin, Spanish, and English); Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); Visual Arts; Performing Arts; Music; Wellness & Physical Education
Upper School: both single subject and interdisciplinary delivery, where appropriate, of the Humanities (including history, geography, and social science); Language and Literature (including Chinese/ Mandarin, Spanish, and English); Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); Visual Arts; Performing Arts; Music; Wellness & Physical Education
• Associate Teachers to support the afore-mentioned subject areas
• Counsellors, Clinicians, and Learning Specialists and other support staff
• Division Heads and other leadership roles
• Studios’ Instructors/Educators and Assistant Instructors/Educators
What to Expect
The Ideal Whittle Candidate characteristics focus on:
(1) a belief in a Core Curriculum, featuring interdisciplinary teaching and experiential learning;
(2) a desire to pursue Global Perspectives that develop the tools to tackle global challenges;
(3) a willingness to institute Personalized Pathways to enable student-led study guided by tutors;
(4) a capacity to look Beyond the Core in order to explore their and their students’ academic passions and interests.
Team members are expected to be members of -- and will join -- a collaborative, professional learning community attuned to local culture.
The hiring process for our Washington, D.C. and Shenzhen, China campuses is underway, with employment beginning on July 1, 2019, and employment contracts being issued starting in December 2018.
Whittle has established a three-phase application, selection, and hiring process:
The first phase will include an initial application requiring a letter of interest and a resume
The second phase for candidates who advance includes a video interview
The third phase for candidates who advance will include a campus-based interview, performance task, and executive interview
For more information about Whittle School & Studios, please visit our website: https://www.whittleschool.org/en/
To learn more about our campus leadership teams, please click on the ‘Our Team’ tab at the top of the page, or go directly to: https://www.whittleschool.org/en/team/leadership-staff
Please visit our career page at http://www.whittleschool.org/careers/ to complete an employment application with Whittle School & Studios.